The focus is on people
A company’s employees are its most valuable assest. This applies today more than ever in view of the shortage of skilled workers. Occupational health and safety management is about systematically ensuring a safe working environment and active health protection. Like all modern management systems, it is also risk and opportunity based. Occupational safety and health protection of employees certainly has a different relevance in an office operation than in a manufacturing company in biochemistry. Accordingly, it is important to create a clean foundation. The performance of risk assessments by the occupational safety specialist in close coordination with the process owners and the management board forms the first essential basis for the design of the management system. The second essential source is the so-called legal and approval register, which bundles legal and official requirements for the company, derives obligations to act and systematically implements them in the form of measures. It should be noted here that environmental management and occupational health and safety management share a broad legal basis. Hazardous substances legislation and the regulations of the DGUV are examples of this. In the area of occupational health and safety management, we are talking about 2 main standard bases:
- ISO 45001: Especially for companies with a strong international orientation, as it is recognized worldwide. Ideal for companies with existing certification according to ISO 9001 and or ISO 14001, as they are almost identical in structure and can therefore be easily integrated.
- Occupational health and safety management system (BG) for small companies without customer requirement for ISO 45001 certification. Certification by the BG is free of charge and therefore fundamentally interesting.
We are happy to advise you on the selection of the optimal basis for you and offer the following services, among others:
- Introduction / implementation of AGSM systems
- Implementation of internal and external system audits and environmental audits
- Identification & evaluation of significant environmental aspects
- Preparation and maintenance of legal and permit registers
- Execution of legal compliance audits
- Documentation of AGSM systems
- Support in the creation and maintenance of cadastres (hazardous substances, plant, equipment)
- Reorganization & optimization
- Support of certification audits
- Execution of process analyses
- Take-over of external representative functions
Our own legal department with several lawyers is a great advantage when it comes to implementing sensitive compliance issues in a qualified and professional manner.